Far from normal…Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
- I’ve lived in a lot of places that nearly the entire population of Australia has never heard or, or visited, let alone lived int.
- I don’t have big toenails. Yep, kind of gross, they were removed a couple of years ago because they both got an infection that I couldn’t shake, no matter how many antibiotics I was given so they were removed and the 2 anaesthetic needles in each toe hurt like all hell, but somehow I managed to drive home alright, they took a few months to fully heal though.
- I’ve lived in too many places…I actually worked it out with the kids last year when doing their life timeline and I’ve lived in 23 different houses in my 38 years and that has included on a cattle station, in a pub, in a convent/presbytery. No point in being normal!!!
- The furthest I’ve driven in one day is 1,600km…like I said no point in being normal.
- I’ve been to numerous sporting events all around the place…AFL in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia, cricket in Victoria, rugby league in New South Wales and Queensland, rugby union in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia, soccer in Victoria and Queensland, formula 1 racing in Victoria, baseball in New York, tennis in Victoria.
- I’ve travelled a fair bit. I would guess that I’ve seen more of Australia than a lot of people. I haven’t driven from Port Augusta to Perth and then up to Broome, but I’ve done Adelaide to Darwin and many places in between too many times, I’ve done Cairns to Melbourne via a lot of places and a lot of country New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Northern Territory. I’ve also been to Papua New Guinea (even though that was an extended trip, living there for close to two years), Singapore, Hong Kong (with a day trip to China), America (Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Hawaii and New York, with a day trip to Mexico) and Fiji…but there’s still a lot of places I want to go to.