Burning down the house…Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
Gee this looks very much like The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Burning Down the House.” which is the prompt for January 29th…ummm maybe I should just put them both together (with a little update like this paragraph of course).
Oh that’s easy…and I don’t care who judges me over these things as yes they’re quite materialistic in a sense.
I’ve gone with the theory that any photos that are important to me are actually available on here, Facebook and Instagram so I wouldn’t need to take my phone, laptop or any of my hard-drives.
So for that reason we’ll start with…
1. The nice new signed Hawthorn guernsey…and only because it is nice and new and signed by a lot of the team, including nearly all of my favourites…yes I know it can be replaced easily, but hey…it’s my choice here.
2. My nice new signed Queensland Reds jersey…damn the fact that I bought an extra fine permanent marker, so in the photo the signatures don’t show up great, but 11 players signed it and I think it’s more about the experience that I had when I was invited to the training session last Thursday…oh and the conversations that were had with my favourite players.
3. Now I have to go with the reason why I went to Brisbane last Thursday…to collect my James “Chibba” Hanson worn and signed Brisbane NRC jersey…well it wasn’t signed until I picked it up and watched training and then he signed it. I think it’s more important because it is the only one there is. He only played one match for the inaugural season of the NRC and this is the jersey from that match which makes it one of a kind…quite literally…and it’s now with me in Country Town 2.0.
4. There’s no way in the world I could go without taking this…my match worn and signed Jono Lance jersey that he wore when he played against the British and Irish Lions in 2013. I’ve got two favourite rugby union players and he’s one of them…he’s just a tad too nice…and that of course has nothing to do with the fact that he follows me on Twitter, or that when I met him for the second time, which was after a match in July last year he came over, said, “hi, how are you Shirl?” hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek…yes, a very unbelievable moment.
5. This belongs to the other favourite rugby union player…Beau Robinson. It’s his match worn and signed Indigenous round jersey…and yes he’s a tad too nice as well. When I saw him at Perth airport in May 2013 he said, “hey Shirl, how are you?” and I was literally in shock…I’d only met the guy once before then. Then I hadn’t met him from then until last Thursday and I asked him to sign the nice, new Reds jersey and his first comment was “gee another new jersey” and when I explained that I was at training to get the Chibba jersey he said that Chibba going to Europe was no excuse for it not being signed…god love it.
So there’s my five and the reasons.